Monday, March 15, 2010

A free Monday

Yup! There's no school today. The Lamido of Adamawa state died yesterday and in honor to pay respects for him, no classes. I never knew there was a Lamido of Adamawa. The school had arranged for students to go to the palace and give condolences. I'm not going. There is no water and besides, I'm too lazy to get out of bed.

Paramore is my all time favorite band. The lead singer, Haley Williams, is so so cool!!! She has bright orange hair and her song writing rocks! There new album, Brand New Eyes, just speaks to my soul. Each song on that album just relates to me and here is why:-

1. Ignorance-Reminds of some friends, they don't know the truth and sit in their own little world. Being ignorant about the world and the realities around them.
My favorite line from the song, "Ignorance is your new best friend"

2. Brick by Boring Brick-Reminds me some friends again, but this time, they build up these lies and keep themselves in this high place where they think they can't be touched. It's a matter of time before the castle falls all around them.
My favorite line from the song, "Make sure to build your house brick by boring brick or the wolves gonna blow it down"

3. The Only Exception-Reminds me of Yemi. He is the only exception. I never really believed in love. My parents helped me in that department. (Story for another day)
My favorite lines,"You are the only exception" "Leave me with proof that this is not a dream"

4.Misguided Ghosts-about leaving your comfort zone and going to find yourself. I don't think I have found my inner self yet and one day I know I have to leave to do that.
My favorite line, "I am told that this is life, pain is just a simple compromise, so we can get what we want out of it"

5.All I Wanted-About a love relationship on the rocks. All she wanted out of it was him. All I want is him.
My favorite lines,"All I wanted was you" "Wake up early to black and white reruns that escape from my mouth" "I can follow you to the beginning just to relive the start"

6.Playing God-Reminds me of my Mom and a particular person. About being a hypocrite and seeing your self as being all mighty and perfect.
My favorite lines, "Next time you point a finger, I'll have to bend it back or break it, break it off"
I also love the second verse-

"If God's the game that you're playing
Well we must get more acquainted
Because it has to be so lonely
To be the only one who's holy

It's just my humble opinion
But it's one that I believe in
You don't deserve a point of view
If the only thing you see is you"
7. Turn it off-About finding out that the safe place you are in, that person you trusted so much, has a lot of demons hiding inside. Found that out about some people a while ago.
My favorite line, "The worst part is that before it gets any better, we are heading for a cliff, in the free fall I'll realize that I'm better off at the bottom."

8. Feeling Sorry-About trying to hook up with that past flame, who is fronting. You can't continue feeling sorry, it's their loss. I have never been in this situation before but believe me if he is fronting, then I'm moving on.
My favorite line, "I feel no sympathy, you live inside a cave" "There is nothing to apologize, i'm really tired of feeling sorry."

9. Looking up-About how things in life are getting better. My life is getting better, way way way better.
My favorite line, "Things are looking up, finally, I thought I'd never see the day, where you'd smile at me"

So that ends my post about Paramore, the best band in the world.

Fausat

Labake

Deola



No comments:

Post a Comment